Sunday, March 3, 2013

Barth Acuses Candidate of Religious Bias; Piedmont responds

Editor's Note: The following is a statement by Carl Piedmont, ORCSD School Board candidate, in response to a letter to the editor by Robert Barth, husband of ORCSD School Board Chair Maria Barth.  

Piedmont has asked this blog, as well as FORE and the ORCSD Clean Slate blogs, to post his comments in the hope of dispelling the allegations made by Barth.  He has also submitted this same statement to Foster's.

I have my own opinion about this matter (of course!) but will post it later.



On March 2, 2013, Foster's Daily Democrat posted a Letter to the Editor entitled "More Information"
You may read the letter at: http://fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130302/GJOPINION_0102/130309889/-1/FOSOPINION

Below is my response to the misrepresentation of my character and personal attack on my family:



"Clarification for Robert Barth and Oyster River Community"
To the editor: I am Carl Piedmont, running for the Oyster River School Board. I would like to respond to a letter Robert Barth wrote questioning my motives for running for school board as it relates to my son attending Trinity International University (TIU). My son attends TIU on an athletic scholarship. TIU is Christian-based and teaches contemporary science topics including evolution.

First off, I am running because I want to serve in our community and believe in public schooling and giving children a top-notch education. I have four children, two of which are currently in the Oyster River system. Also, I was raised by teachers and respect and value the institution of education. I have 'skin in the game' and care about what happens in our schools.

As for my personal beliefs, my family belongs to the St. Thomas More Catholic parish in Durham. I believe in modern science and will not impose religious tenets into the curriculum as a school board member.  I will work together with my fellow board members to advocate for excellence in our schools and be fiscally prudent when spending our district funds.

I welcome Mr. Barth and others to learn more about me and contact me through my website: 
www.carlpiedmont.com

Carl Piedmont
Madbury

1 comment:

  1. Bob responds to Carl here: http://orcsdcleanslate.blogspot.com/2013/03/bob-barth-responds-to-carl-piedmont.html

    ReplyDelete