Saturday, March 7, 2009

Can't we all get along?

This is an open letter from Mark Townsend - School Board candidate from Madbury:


Tonight I received an email from a supporter, forwarding an email that was distributed earlier today in our school district. The email informed voters “that if Brian Banafato were to win, the choice of who represents Madbury would be decided by the school board.”

First let me respond by saying - I respect that this person has opinion. We are a Democratic society that values freedom of speech. I do not agree with the method or opinion expressed, but I do respect that they have a different opinion.

I do not believe that Brian has any knowledge of this action. He’s a good person, and I respect his decision to withdraw from the race.

I have been working to earn your votes.

At the Oyster River High School this week, the six candidates answered questions from the “Citizenship Education” class and ORHS Chapter of the National Honor Society. As the sole uncontested candidate - I let our students know that I am still making every effort as if it were a contested race, I work to “EARN” everything in life. That is an important lesson I was taught and a lesson I wanted to demonstrate to our youth.

Work hard and earn respect.

If you haven’t had the chance to meet or talk with me, I urge you to reach out and contact me. I’ll gladly take the time to listen to you - as I have with many voters in our district.

Let Madbury choose its representative, fairly and without prejudice.

I ask for your support on March 10th.

Thank you,

-Mark

Do you want to choose Madbury’s representative or let the school board decide?

Please vote for Mark Townsend on March 10th.

No comments:

Post a Comment